As an owner operator based out of California, there are special truck insurance products and services that you need to keep you fully protected. At CA Truck Insurance, we understand your needs and are here to help you get the trucking insurance coverages you need to protect your business and your livelihood in California.

Owner Operators Working Under Their Own Authority

If you operate under your own authority, you will need to have these commercial truck insurance coverages:

  • Liability Insurance – pays for damages that you cause to others and their property. This includes Bodily Injury Liability and Property Damage Liability
  • Motor Truck Cargo Insurance – This is insurance for the cargo / commodities that you are hauling in case of a fire, theft or accident.
  • Physical Damage – This coverage pays for damages to your vehicle caused by an accident, theft and other covered losses like hitting a deer.

Owner Operators Under Permanent Lease to a Motor Carrier

If you are leased to another motor carrier and working under their authority, the coverages you need will be determined by your agreement with them. Usually the motor carrier provides the Primary Liability insurance when you are working under dispatch. The Primary Liability pays for bodily injury to others and property damage if you are at fault for an accident.

The motor carrier may also pay for motor truck cargo insurance to cover the commodities you are hauling.

You may need the following coverages and can save money if you buy them on your own:

  • Non-Trucking Liability – This can provide liability coverage when you aren’t driving under dispatch.
  • Physical Damage – Can fix your truck if its in an accident, stolen or a tree falls on it.

Talk to an agent today about your needs or start your commercial truck insurance quote online.